Subject: Re: LightWave 3.5 is fading fast!
From: [email-masked]
To: LightWave Mail List <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 19:51:53 -0400

On Tue, 2 May 1995, John Bourg wrote:

> We've experienced this problem with our lightwave system too. We're running 
> an Amiga 3000 (yes there are some people using the 3000) with a Toaster 4000 
> card and Lightwave 3.5. We called Newtek about the problem. The tech I spoke 
> to seemed to think it was more of a graphics chip from in the Amiga rather 
> than a Toaster problem. Anyway we're back to square one as well. 

Uh HUH!  So, the common denominator here is the Amiga 3000...I'm experiencing 
this problem only on my A3000 w/Warp Engine running LightWave 3.5 Standalone.

My Toaster machine (A2000 w/G-Force and Toaster4000) has never experienced 
this problem during the 3+ years I've been rendering LW anims.

I wonder if this is something Allen knows about and it will be corrected 
in 4.0 or it it's a hardware problem....I've started playing with 
different CPU settings for the Warp Engine...LightWave will definitely 
not work with CopyBack turned on...gonna try some other things though and 
hope for the best.

                                      -David Warner
                                       Event Horizon Graphics